- "I'm walking into the school I love." -Duncan Monroe (5th Grade)
- "May I use the bathroom?".
"Here she comes and, by the way, she's my wife.".
- During the first fire alarm a kindergartener shuffled out of the building with her teacher. She came walking out, stepping on the backs of her tennis shoes, flattening them. She announced loudly, "Hold up! I have a flat tire!".
- 1st grader to Mrs. Holdeman, "Mrs. Lynch!!! I'm so happy to see you!"
- "Boys and girls we have to be very quiet. No talking. Shhhhh."
-kindergartener during a safety drill
- "Personalized learning has stretched me. It has balanced me. I am amazed to be able to get kids to verbalize, self-reflect, and gain metacognitive skills." -Mrs. McDaniels
- "Mrs. Holdeman, I'd like to reserve the maker cart for my genius hour presentation. I am studying cake and I want to present it on the cart. Can we get this thing upstairs?" -5th grader (her project is due in December and she inquired about the cart in September)